Thursday, February 17, 2011

So you want to be a Pokemon master?

Took me a while to get around to making this blog post, but I thought I'd summarize some of the more fun stuff that happened this last weekend, in the world of the anime club CTRL-A.

This weekend was the weekend of the second show. The club typically has four shows per term, and this was the second one for this term. Most of the time there was spent watching anime, and wasn't particularly noteworthy. I missed the sampler due to my Friday class, but it was something I had already seen the first few episodes of (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) so I didn't mind so much. It's a pretty good series, and I'll probably watch more of it another time. I'll elaborate more on these when I've watched the rest of them, but the other series watched on the Friday were Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk, and Comic Party Revolution.

On the dinner break, there was cake!
On the dinner break, there was cake. I had a piece of each of the chocolate ones in the front, which were provided courtesy of June and Alcina (much appreciated, even if they were sneaky and added a trap in one of them), for Valentine's Day. Kyle provided the cheesecake on the left for White Day, which is still a month away, his reasoning being that he would forget.

Josh's friend Patrick provided the, uh..."blanket" you see below. I spent some time trying to convince Josh to lay on it, but he was very stubborn about it. Then Bessie (in the top-most image) took the initiative and did so. This created renewed interest that resulted in the really awesome-looking picture below, featuring Jackson (left) and Patrick (right). I'm disappointed that Josh didn't do it, but that picture is so awesome that it makes up for it.
Bessie getting some action.
Jackson and Patrick with their girlfriends.

I also brought Pokemon Master Trainer, further securing my Jeremy status. Jeremy is known for his rampant support of board gaming, and ever since I bought a hat that looked like Jeremy's hat, I've taken on a secondary identity of Jeremy2. And since I brought a board game as well, I decided to steal Jeremy's hat, and double Jeremy (right) was born, much to Jeremy's (left) chagrin.

Double Jeremy strikes again!
So after the show, a large group of us gathered to play Pokemon Master Trainer. Everyone wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them was our real test, to train them was our cause.

Game 1, on Friday night. From left to right, John, Mo, Alcina, Martin(in front), Jackson, Peter

Game 2, on Saturday night. From left to right, Amy, Jeremy1 (back), Jackson, Mo, Tori, Stann
This game is, for all intents and purposes, not a great game. Almost everything you do in the game is determined by a roll of the die, so the winner is often determined by luck alone. We also didn't quite remember the rules, so we may have gotten some things wrong along the way, but everyone seemed to have a good time. I didn't participate in the second game, but I got second place in the Friday night game.

This was my end result. I won handily against Bruno with my Nidoking.
The victors got to celebrate together in the Unkown dungeon. Note the misspelling of "Unknown." Here is my piece (in blue) next to Martin's piece (originally Alcina's piece) in yellow.

Here's the final standings. Note that the white die seen under the yellow piece was actually a player, Mo, since one of the player pieces was missing.
 There isn't much else to say about the weekend. On Saturday, we watched some more anime. Seitokai no Ichizon seems promising, and I may watch more of it in the future. Otome Youkai Zakuro I didn't really enjoy though, not really my thing. Miracle Train, unfortunately I missed, due to helping a friend with some car trouble at the time. I got to help jump-start a car though, which was fun. There was ...something else that happened on Saturday as well, but I won't be getting into that. Overall, it was a good time.

So that was my last weekend. I don't know if I'll do these weekend summaries every week, but lots of fun stuff tends to happen at CTRL-A. This weekend is Con-G though, so I imagine I'll have something to say about that.

Until then, keep coming back every day to check out my 51-word stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment