Thursday, February 23, 2012

System Sounds

For the longest time, I've used the default system sounds for Windows and my iPhone, among other things. But then I realized, why?

So I got to replacing some of the sounds I've heard over the years with some more interesting, Pokemon-inspired variants. Here are some of my changes:

Windows Login: PC start-up sound
Windows Shutdown: PC shutdown sound
Recycle Bin sound: Move Deleter fanfare
Error sound: Buzzer sound

Text message received: Item Get fanfare
Email received: Key Item Get fanfare

While I was at it, I made some custom ringtones as well. Notable ones include the Donkey Kong Country 2 Bonus theme, the Encounter Rival and Azalea Town themes from Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the Castelia City, Driftveil City and Team Plasma themes from Pokemon Black and White, and the Hotline to Destiny theme from Phoenix Wright I'm using the rival theme as my ringtone right now, so it feels like I'm ready for battle whenever I get a phone call. And using Castelia City as my alarm ensures I get out of bed quickly.

Does anyone have any other ideas for fun custom sounds? I'm in the mood for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment