Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Yeah, I know.

I won't make any excuses. I've just been busy lately, and this blog has been low priority. I haven't forgotten about it though. If you're curious, here's what I've been up to.


First of all, I got a job! I was a bit worried that finding a job would be hard but I didn't have too much trouble overall. A few long car/bus rides to faraway interviews but overall not that big of a deal. The job is roughly 2-3 hours away from where I was living, so I had to move. Uprooting, reorganizing and acclimating in my new place. It's not the first time I moved, and it won't be the last; I just found a temporary place so I could start working and save up some money. I intend to get my own apartment at some point when I'm more financially stable.

The place I found is pretty good. The common areas are undergoing renovation at the moment, so they're pretty much barren, but at least there's a functioning kitchen (fridge, oven, microwave) I can use. For my immediate needs, it's serving me well.

My job is decent so far. I've been going through lots of training and haven't been given any real responsibilities yet, so it's kinda slow, but it's building. I'm looking forward to getting to the bulk of it. Part of the job requires travelling to client sites elsewhere in Canada and the US, and that's pretty exciting. The semi-permanence of full-time work is slightly daunting but I've found it not too hard of an adjustment. Then again, it is only my third week.

In my free time, I've been finally getting to work on capstone project, continued. A bit of background: my graduating project at Sheridan was a development project for an IRL client. I won't discuss the details of the project or the client in an open medium like this, but essentially when I presented the finished product, the client had different ideas, so I've been tasked with the continued development. Distracted by my job search among other things, I haven't put as much time into it in the past three months as I'd hoped, but I'm just starting to buckle down and get it done. Shouldn't be long now; hopefully I can get that finished and off my plate.

In my actually fun free time, I've spent a good chunk of the last month watching the entirety of How I Met Your Mother, a comedy series I have learned is well worth the reputation that precedes it. I don't want to get too far into a discussion of it but let it suffice to say that I didn't watch much else in the last month.

On the gaming front, I've recently finished PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond, which I previously blogged about. My overall impressions remain the same. The improvement on the battle system is welcome, however the reduced number of attractions is saddening. I also wish they had more Pokemon, as the game only features about 180 of them. But it was fun while it lasted.

So that's what I've been up to. I intend to resume more regular updates from here. Not necessarily on Tuesdays, but...well, don't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment