Sunday, January 1, 2012

Estepilogue

So that's it. One year. Three hundred and sixty-five stories. Eighteen thousand, six hundred and fifteen words. When I set out to start this blog, I declared that I would write one story a day for one year, and I have now accomplished this. For better or for worse, I'm done.

I don't know if I've become a better writer, or just better at restricting myself to limited numbers of words. I'd love to hear people's opinions. I'm still deciding what to do with this blog in the future. I may write more stories in the future, but that isn't currently planned.

Of course, it may work itself into my writing inadvertently. Each paragraph in this news post is 51 words, for example. But the things I want to do in the future with this blog won't strictly be 51-word stories, is the point I wanted to make. It will be more traditional.

For a little while at least, this blog will be going on hiatus, while I figure out what my plans are. I think the biggest point in the success of my original plan was the rigid schedule. I think I can apply this to other blog posts and be successful again.

It's been a fun ride, and I hope that everyone who has read it has found at least some stories they like. They're all still here, so feel free to go back and read the archives. For now, I'll leave you, with the sole assurance that I will be back soon.

Until then,

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing that you've done 365 51-Word Stories! I've had a lot of fun reading every single one of them each day and maybe now you can just blog about big or special events that you attend or happen to you in the future. Until then, I'll be looking forward to whatever you decide to post next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It was a good run and I'm looking forward to more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitou: It's been a pleasure reading your blog and being poked for prompt words. Looking forward to your next project~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, I enjoyed reading all of your posts. Hope to read something from you soon
    Mom

    ReplyDelete